Friday 1 February 2008

Lost Series 4 Episode 1 - The Beginning of the End

I don’t know what to make of the Lost series 4 opener! A Lost series opener always has an explosive start, but this was lacking the fireworks. Not that it’s a bad start, it just very pedestrian.

Hurley was the subject of the ‘flash-forwards’, as he got himself locked up in a mental hospital (again!), after he ‘saw something’ in a shop. We learn later that it was Charlie, or at least his ghost or whatever it was!

With just one British character remaining (that’s Desmond, but technically Sayid counts, as Naveen Andrews is British!), because Naomi finally died (!), I feel a bit ‘lost’ myself!

However, I console myself in the brilliance of ‘snide acting’ from Ben, that bloke is wasted in Lost! Hurley is as loveable as ever and is it me or is Jack starting to turn a wee bit bad? Kate is looking as dirty as ever (wink), Claire is still my fave! Watch this space for more ‘Lost Bird Watching’!

Naomi’s ‘people’ finally track down the signal and meet Jack and Kate but who on earth are they? Meanwhile back to the future, where Hurley is stalked by a strange man asking whether or not ‘they’re alive’? I guess we’ll find out in the far future.

Overall, it wasn’t too bad for an opener, it certainly posed more questions than it answered. Lets hope the series can keep up the level of consistency it shown during series 3.

7/10

Next Week: Hurley bumps into a blue police box and breaks it. He throws the evidence into the sea but it comes back fully formed and our hero has another ‘episode’!

No comments: